Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Glory of Moving and Reunions

This last week, I have started the process of my migration back to Kansas City. School starts in less than a month and I will be living with a family this semester, instead of in my apartment with my last roommate, Danielle. It should be an interesting transition but I think it will enable to Lord to stretch me in lots of ways.

The family I will be renting a room from is Katie, Miguel and their little girl, Grace (4). Whenever I have seen Katie and Grace, I must have been wearing my sunglasses on my head. Katie says sometimes Grace puts her sunglasses on her head, sticks out her hip and says, "I'm Alex," which is what she calls me. She's adorable!

Bobby came to Jetmore and then with me to Kansas City to move my things from my apartment. Oh, the glory of moving! He was so helpful. And even though it's sad moving out of my apartment after such a fun year with Danielle, I'm excited for what this next season will bring. My new address is: 1301 East 126th Street, Grandview, MO 64030.

We also were able to drive to the Lake of the Ozarks for my family's 20-year-annual :) reunion. Haha. The lake was great and it was a lot of fun chatting with relatives I hadn't seen in a really long time. Hoping it's not another 20 years before we all meet up again!

Hope this finds you all well and you're enjoying the last part of July...it's rather hot here! Bring on the fall temps! Blessings to you all!

No comments: